Monday 6 January 2014

2014 and new targets.



This is where I'm currently sitting trying to put together a post. I really need to get a Bluetooth keyboard for my ipad mini. The on screen one is OK but it's a little tricky at times to use. 

2014 is finally here and as with last January, there's lots I want to do. Hockey training begins again on Wednesday. My knees already ache thinking about it. I've a gym membership I hardly use because once I'm home after work, it's too cold and dark to think about going back out there. But I need to drop a couple of dress sizes. I've really indulged over the past few months.  Playing hockey does help a little but I need to get running again. Suggestions of anything to help motivate me gladly accepted. 

I have set myself a goal to read more this year. I still don't like the idea of a e-reader. I love the feel of a book too much. Being able to see how much further there is until the end. Folding down a page instead of using a bookmark. Flicking over pages to remind yourself what's going on. All the things that on an e-reader, it's not quite the same. Though I really don't have the shelf space for more books. Half my library is currently stashed at a friends house after I moved in July. 

I also want to learn more this year. Train my brain a bit. Get a qualification in something new or a outside of my comfort zone. I've been using the luminosity app to try and train my brain to remember things more. Since leaving school it's just not working to its full capacity. I never thought I'd miss 'Whole Brain Learning'. Something that seemed tedious at the time but really did help me through my exams. 

I do need to sort my passport out. Last year I finally flew on a plane but only to Glasgow. If they accept me as a volunteer for the Commonwealth Games this year then I'll have to go again. It'd be nice to go further afield. I didn't love flying but I got through it. The turbulence on the way home wasn't fun. 

I need to blog more. I say this every year. I have run out of excuses. With my tablet it's much easier to blog on the go. Instead I cheat and post everything to Facebook,Twitter and Instagram. I need to write here instead. Or at least in one of the 42 blank notebooks I have on my shelf. (I am banned from purchasing more until these are full!)

So before my fingers fall off in the cold, I'm signing off. 

Happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test